Saturday, February 28, 2009

Easy Artisan Bread

Big hat tip to the folks over at Zombie Squad for finding this...it's a really quick and simple bread recipe, and it sounds great...I'm going to have to try this.

http://www.startribune.com/video/11967361.html
(I can't link directly to the video, just follow the link)

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=40324
Here is the link to the topic over at Zombie Squad. If you go to the second page, bae has a couple of variations on how to cook this that sound a little bit easier (especially if you don't have a pizza stone). One has directions for dutch oven cooking, so this could be a great recipe for scouting trips or camping out.

Yum!!!




EDIT (March 8, 2009)


Emily and I have made this recipe since I posted this, and I used wheat flour instead of white flour (it looked kinda white...ish to me); it worked well, and tastes fine. I think that the next batch we will reduce the salt in the recipe, and maybe add a little bit of sugar to change the taste a little. Either way, this bread did not last long. Yum yum!!!




1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I watched the video and also ran off the recipe. I LOVE french-type bread and this recipe couldn't get any simpler (especially since I actually have a pizza stone)!!! Thanks so much for passing this on. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete